Mean, Median, and Mode (via the Phantom Tollbooth)
It isn't always easy to incorporate reading and math but here is an activity that does. The Phantom Tollbooth was the book that made me love to read and mainly was because it had all levels of humor. In this case, it incorporates math. The final question really requires students to understand the differences between mean, median, and mode to answer the question.
Phantom Toll Booth Worksheet
Other Lesson Ideas:
1. Measuring distance in miles, rods, yards, feet, inches, and half inches.
2. Dodecahedrons, vertices, faces, and other related shapes
3. Hamilton circuits
4. Platonic solids
5. Estimation , Big Numbers, and Fermi Problems
6. Modeling Addition and Subtraction of Negative Numbers
7. Order of Operations
8. Very Large Numbers
9. Very Small Numbers/ More on Infinity
Other Lessons & Resources